Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Zephyr



The sun woke me up with a brotherly hug,
Birds seemed to chatter more,
The wind had a leisurely stroll,
Hand in hand with the pine and spruce.

I think I should speak now.
They all quietly whispered to me,
"Be quiet now, enjoy the moment!"

I whispered back, "Why?".
Taking their own sweet time,
I was again told, "Be still", I listened.
The Lilies nodded as if in unison,
To the sweet fragrances of cherries and lime.

The shadow of the poplars,
The softness of tall grass,
A distant hum of single seater's propellers,
Just yonder the orchard of apples and pears,
They all gave a hint, but were not quite ready to share.

The sweet guitars of marooned
floated effortlessly in the air,
I listened, I stared,
To the marvel sitting next to me,
with the breeze playing with her hair.

Her eyes were closed with a smile curving her lips,
I looked around silently,
They seemed to be telling her something more,
Something they always held from me,
Was it the secret to bliss?
or it was her they, too, wanted to kiss.

I listened quietly, as I turned green,
Putting an arm around her, I started to lean,
I was held back gently by the wind,
As it finally told 'the secret' in my ear,
"You are but her guest here, and this is all for her."

No comments:

Contributors